Step 2 of 3: SERVICE AGREEMENT
Please read the Statement of Terms and Conditions below and fill in the blank fields at the bottom of this form. You will receive an email copy of your submission.
Statement of Terms and Conditions of Service
- General Assignments $ 70.00 per hour, per interpreter, with a two-hour minimum. (Minimum Rate $140.00).
- Legal Assignments $ 75.00 per hour, per interpreter, with a two-hour minimum. (Minimum Rate $150.00).
- Conferences $ 75.00 per hour, per interpreter, with 50% due at the time of contract.
- Emergencies $ 85.00 per hour, portal-to-portal, with a two-hour minimum. (Minimum Rate $170.00).
- Performing Arts $250.00 per Performance/per Interpreter. Includes rehearsals and preparation time.
Minimum rates include up to 2 hours of service. After the first two hours, additional time will be billed in 15-minute increments. The total amount due will be based on the time for which services were originally scheduled, even when an assignment ends early. Beyond the time scheduled for an assignment, there is no guarantee that interpreters will be available for services to be extended. When services can be provided beyond the scheduled time, the total amount due will be based on the actual time of service, and billed at the applicable rate in 15-minute increments. Medical, Psychiatric, and Legal Emergency assignments will be billed portal-to-portal.
In some situations, more than one interpreter will be needed.
- In accordance with industry standards and Occupational Safety Guidelines, certain legal, highly technical, lengthy, or fast-paced platform assignments require more than one interpreter. An accurate description of the assignment will be necessary to determine these needs. One interpreter only does suffice for the vast majority of assignments.
- Rarely, but on occasion, we encounter a deaf consumer who has a unique mode of communication and have to engage the services of a Certified Deaf Interpreter (CDI) in order to establish effective communication. The CDI works as a team with the interpreter who is hearing, and serves as an intermediary interpreter.
Payment for services rendered, for General, Legal, and Emergency Assignments, is due in full upon receipt of the invoice within the terms allowed--Net 30 days. For Conference and Performing Arts assignments 50% of the payment is due at the time of contract and the balance upon completion, within 30 days. In all cases, if an invoice is not paid within 30 days from the date it was issued, a late charge will accrue at the rate of 1.5% per month.
Confirming appointments with consumers, well in advance, is highly recommended to avoid unnecessary costs. Cancellations with less than required notice will be billed in full. Voice mail cancellations will be time stamped.
- SINGLE-DAY ASSIGNMENTS: Notice of cancellation must be given at least 24 hours (one business day) in advance of the scheduled assignment. (NOTE: A 10am Monday assignment must be cancelled prior to 10am on the previous Friday.)
- MULTIPLE-DAY ASSIGNMENTS: For 2-4 day assignments,48 hours (two business days) of advance notice is required. For assignments that last five days or more, 72 hours (three business days) of advance notice is required. Cancellations without advance notice for multiple-day or long-term assignments will be billed in full for the number of days/hours scheduled, not to exceed five days.
- CONFERENCES & PERFORMING ARTS ASSIGNMENTS: 72 hours (three business days) of advance notice is required. 30 days of advance notice is required to recover the 50% down payment, which will otherwise be retained for the interpreter’s research and preparation time.
Parking fees, if any, will be added to the cost of service. There will be no travel fees assessed when an interpreter from your vicinity can be assigned. Otherwise, assignments will be billed either portal-to-portal or according to standard GSA mileage reimbursement rates. This will be negotiated at the time of each request, prior to confirming the assignment.
Governing Law and Consent to Jurisdiction: This agreement, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, shall be governed by laws of the State of Florida. The courts of Sarasota County will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement.
Provide us with your information below: